Methods to Carry out Program
1) Silk-road Global Health Fellows are global health faculty members and professionals selected from Chinese universities and public health institutions, ideallyless than45 years old with 3 years’ working experience or more in public health field and excellent command of English. It’s expected to recruit 20 fellows each year.
2) Tsinghua will form a Fellowship Review Committee to review applications and short-list applicants, interview candidates and select fellows.
3) Tsinghua will form a Program Management Team (PMT) to create the criteria for fellow selection, develop the fellowship program training curriculum, create and maintain the program webpage and wechat, select B&R country and partners, manage routine communications and meetings, create, implement and monitor annual work-plan.
4) The number of said field trips shall be one per calendar yearfor two years. Cambodia or Bangladesh or Thailand or Laos are considered in the year 1, and Tanzania or Rwanda or Ethiopia in the year 2.
5) The webpage of CMB Silk-road Global Health Fellowship Program serves as the purpose of introducing mission statement and fellowship program, fellows’ recruitment and network. It is an also platform for global public health advocacy.
6) The proposed program schedule is below:
a) Orientation: A one-days’ global health and program orientation at Tsinghua
b) Immersion Field Trip: A two-weeks’ field study in one Belt and Road (B&R) country including on-site visits, lectures, group discussions and ideas for further research
c) Reflection at Tsinghua: A one days’ internal group discussion to reflect what have leant from the filed trip and how China can play a bigger role in global health. It will also identify key issues and innovating solutions, and develop project concept
d) Program Experience Sharing Meeting: After each field trip, Tsinghua will organize a one-day Experience Sharing Meeting with key stakeholders including Chinese government agencies, UN agencies, international NGOs and foundations, and global health institutes. Fellows will present their findings and challenges and consulate with key stakeholders for the solutions.
e) Award winning: for 3 best papers or reports generated by fellows at the end of project